WORKSHOP ORGANIZATION AND CO-ORGANIZATION:
- 2013. Globalization and the Return of Geography, with Arijit Chatterjee. ESSEC Business School, Singapore Campus, February 21-22.
- 2012. Socially Responsible Investment: Where do we Stand? ESSEC Business School, France, May 31st.
- 2011. The Hidden Sides of Creativity in Organizational Settings, with Marie-Léandre Gomez and Stoyan Sgourev. ESSEC Business School, France May 20 and 21st.
- 2008. Transnational Communities, with Sigrid Quack. Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, Köln, Germany, April 18-19.
- 2006. Moral Foundations of Management Knowledge, with Radu Vranceanu. ESSEC Business School, France, October 13-14.
- 2003. The Multiplicity of Regulatory Actors in the Transnational Space, with Kersin Sahlin-Andersson. Uppsala University, Department of Business Studies, Sweden, May 20-22.
- 2013. "Transparency in Transnational Governance. From a Norm of Liberation to a Tool of Governing. With Afshin Mehrpouya. 3rd Global Conference on Transparency Research. HEC, Jouy-en-Josas, France, October 24-26.
- 2013. "The 'Mother' of Neoliberal Think Tanks - Atlas and the Making of a Transnational Community". The 4th Govemark Network Workshop. Copenhagen, Denmark, October 10-11.
- 2013. ”The Two Geographies of
Competition Regulation in Africa – A Banyan Tree Story”. Workshop Globalization and the Return of Geography. ESSEC Business
School, Singapore, February 21-22.
- 2013. ”Institutional Change
through Path Generation : The Case of Modern Environmentalism”. Workshop Globalization and the Return of
Geography. ESSEC Business School, Singapore, February 21-22.
- 2013. ”Transnational
Communities and Their Role in the Dynamics of Global Governance”. Barcelona Workshop on Global Governance. ESADE Barcelona, January 14-15
- 2012. ”When Limited Liability
was (still) an Issue – Conflicting Mobilization in 19th Century England”. International Conference Embeddedness and Beyond : Do
Sociological Theories Meet Economic Realities ? Higher School of
Economics, Moscow, October 25-27.
- 2012. ”Transnational
Communities and the Dynamics of Global Governance – The Case of Competition.”
4th International Regulation and Governance Conference. University of
Cambridge, September 6
- 2012. ”Transnational Communities and their Role in the Dynamics of Transnational Governance”, Workshop Dynamic Interactions in Transnational Business Governance (TBG): Assessing Impacts on Regulatory Capacity and Performance. Hertie School of Governance, Berlin, MAy 8.
- 2012. ”Moral Hazard and Limited Liability: Exploring Elective Affinities” (with Joel Bothello). Workshop The Role of Business in Society and the Pursuit of the Common Good. ESSEC Business School, France, March 8-9.
- 2012. ”Interactions Between Business And Society – CSR and Its Needed Contextualization”. Workshop : The Role of Business in Society and the Pursuit of the Common Good. ESSEC Business School, France, March 8-9.
- 2012. ”Professionalization in Doctoral Education : The Role of Supervision”. Edamba – Eiasm Consortium on Doctoral Supervision and The New Global Research System. Grenoble School of Management, January 23-26.
- 2012. ”Creating a Community of Practice for the Delivery of Doctoral Education”. Edamba – Eiasm Consortium on Doctoral Supervision and The New Global Research System. Grenoble School of Management, January 23-26.
- 2011. “Transnational Governance in the Context of TIRs – The Case of Competition”, Workshop Transnational Integration Regimes and Domestic Institutional Change in Emerging Economies. European University Institute, Florence, Italy, April 14-17.
- 2011. “Transnational Governance through Standard Setting – The Role of Transnational Communities”, Symposium on the Occasion of R. Whitley’s Retirement, Manchester Business School. Manchester Business School, January 27-28.
- 2010. “Scholars in the Audit Society”, Invited Speaker to “Scholars in Action – Past, Present, Future”, Symposium on the occasion of the Tercentenary of the Royal Society of Sciences. Gustavianum, University of Uppsala, Sweden, November 12.
- 2010. ”When Limited Liability was (still) an Issue – Conflicting Mobilization in 19th Century England”. Fifth Organization Studies Workshop, 'Social Movements, Civil Societies and Corporations'. Margaux, France, May.
- 2009. “University Reforms in Light of a Grande Ecole Experience” (with Nicolas Mottis). MEHEM - Changing Universities: Governance, Relevance, Performance. Sabanci University School of Management, Istanbul, September 29-October 2.
- 2008. “From the Rule of Law to the Law of Rules – Transnational Governance and its Impact on Local Structures and Dynamics”, Workshop Law and Legitimacy in the Governance of Transnational Economic Relations. Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, Villa Vigoni, Menaggio, Italy, June 21-23.
- 2007. “Transnational Governance in the Making: Regulatory Fields and their Governance”, with Kerstin Sahlin, Workshop Global vs Local - Challenges for Contemporary Governance. IESE Business School, Barcelona, October 3-4.
- 2007. "Changing Forms of Capitalism, Globalization and the Marketization of (nearly) Everything?'" Workshop Globalization and Competitiveness. Helsinki School of Economics, Helsinki, Finland, September 6-8.
- 2007. "Sociological Studies of Diffusion: Is History Relevant", Max Planck Summer Conference on Economy and Society, Why History? The Contribution of Historical Explanation to the Analysis of the Economy. Scholss Ringberg, Tegernsee, July 18-21.
- 2007. "Institutions and Transnationalization", with Sigrid Quack, Workshop on Multilevel Governance, Center for the Study of Globalization and Regionalization. University of Warwick, May 17-19.
- 2007. "PhD Education: Challenges and Opportunities of Europeanization", Workshop on Administrative and Governance Reforms in the University. Uppsala University, January 24-26
- 2006. "The Ethics of Competition or the Moral Foundations of Contemporary Capitalism", Workshop on The Moral Foundations of Management Knowledge. ESSEC Business School, October 13-14.
- 2006. ”A World of Governance: Institutional Dynamics in a Re-ordering World” (with Kerstin Sahlin-Andersson). Workshop on the Present and Future of Institutional Theory. Edmonton, Canada, June 1-3.
- 2006. ”The Perceptions of the Politics and Discourse of Marketization by French Economic Elites - A Research Agenda”, Workshop on Institutional Change in France and Germany, Max Planck Institute, Köln, Germany, March 7-8th.
- 2005. ”From Brain Drain to Mobility”, EIASM Annual Board Meeting, Prague, Czech Republic, November 15-16th.
- 2005. "How do (Business) Practices Travel across Countries?’ Workshop on Knowledge Transfer", CASS Business School. June 14-15th
- 2004. "Management, Research and Economic Growth in Europe: Are we in Trouble?", EIASM Foresight Meeting. Brussels, December, 20-21
- 2004. “Fom Local Legislation to Structuring Frame of Globalization: The Story of Antitrust”, Workshop Varieties of Globalization: Global Ideas Matter, Local Politics Decide? Bergen, Norway, May 6-8.
- 2004. "The New Kid on the Block - The International Competition Network and How it Contributes to Institutional Change", Scancor Workshop. Stanford, March 26-27.
- 2002. "Between Coordination and Competition – Interfirm Networks and the Filters of National Institutions in Germany, France and the United States from 1860 to 1930". Workshop, Umea University, Sweden. 2001.
- 2001. "Unbundling Competition – From the Law of the Market to Contextual Rationalities", European Summer Research Institute (ESRI). Slovenia, August.
- 2000. "Medium and Message : The Role of Consulting Firms in the Process of Globalization and its Local Interpretation" (with Chris McKenna and Antti Ainamo). European Summer Research Institute (ESRI), Portugal, August.
- 1999. "Globalization and its Limits : The Making of International Regulation" (with Jabril Bensedrine). European Summer Research Institute (ESRI). Denmark, August.
- 1999. "Neo-institutional Theories : from Typology to cross-Fertilization", Workshop on Institutions, Construction and Change, Kellog University. Chicago, December.