- 2013 and forward: Member of the Editorial Board, Regulation & Governance
- 2013 and forward: Member of the Editorial Board, Journal of Financial Regulation
- 2012 and forward: Member of the Editorial Board, Organization Studies
- 2011 and forward: Member of the Editorial Board, Organization
- 2011 and forward: Associate Editor of the Academy of Management Annals
- 2010 and forward: Member of the Editorial Board, Strategic Organization
- 2009 and forward: Member of the Editorial Board, Scandinavian Journal of Management
- Since 2009: Member of the Advisory Board, Research in the Sociology of Organizations, Emerald
- 2005 and forward: Member of the Editorial Board, Management and Organizational History
- 2003 to 2008: Senior Editor, Organization Studies.
- Since 1998, regular reviewer for European Management Journal, Journal of Management Studies, Organization Science, Administrative Science Quarterly, Governance, Geography Compass, Corporate Governance: An International Review, Organization, Organization Studies, Strategic Organization, Acta Politica Oxford University Press, Edward Elgar, Cambridge University Press, Routledge.
SUPERVISORY AND EVALUATION BOARDS
- 2013, December. Member of the International Research Evaluation Committee for Vienna University (WU)'s Department of Management, Austria.
- 2013, October and forward. Vice President, Managing Board of EIASM.
- 2012, December. Member of the Selection Committee for Appointment of a Professor, Norwegian School of Business, Oslo.
- 2011 and forward. Member of the International Advisory Board, Hanken School of Economics, Helsinki, Finland.
- 2011. Member of the International Evaluation Panel for the School of Business, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland.
- 2011. Member of the International Evaluation for the School of Business and Law, Götheborg University, Sweden.
- 2009 and forward. Member of the Advisory Board, Innovation in Governance Research Project Group, Technical University of Berlin.
- 2009 and forward. Member of the Board, EIASM (European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management).
- 2006 to 2009. Member of the Scientific and Supervisory Committee for the Translearn Project, a research project involving institutions from six countries in Europe, with a base in Finland.
- 2006, December. Member of the International Evaluation Panel for the Alberta Business School, Alberta, Canada.
- 2006-2012. Member of the Board, Society for the Advancement of Socio-Economics (SASE).
- 2005-2009. Member of the EIASM Scientific Council, in charge of initiatives for the development of European PhD Education.
- 2004. Member of the International Evaluation Panel for Finnish Research in Management Studies. Report published in January 2005.
- 2000-2002. Member of the Supervisory Board of the Council for European Studies, Columbia University, New York.
- 2000-2002. Member of the Scientific Committee and Supervisory Board of IMHI – MBA in International Hospitality Management.
- 1998-2003. ESRI – European Summer Research Institute for the Study of Comparative Capitalism. Member of the Scientific and Steering Committees. Regular faculty in the Summer School associated with this Research Institute.
- Since 2001. Regular member of the Faculty for pre-doctoral workshops and activities at the annual EGOS Conference.
- 1996-2005: Member of the Academy of Management, American Sociological Association, Society for the Advancement of Socio-Economics, European Group for Organizational Studies, European Academy of Management.